Due to the ever growing container transportation, there exits an increasing trend to stuff all kinds of cargoes into containers.
One major type of cargo however has escaped this trend, viz: steel cargoes, in particular coils steel sheets.
This is mainly due tot the difficulty of securing coils into containers.
Hundreds of thousands of tons coiled steel sheets are consequently shipped in breakbulk, and are exposed to risks of wetting, handling damage, cargo shifts, etc.
The invention of COILSAFE puts an end to this, since it allows to properly secure coils steel sheets onto the fully adjustable cradle, which subsequently can be properly secured into any dry van container.
The advantages are obvious:
- COILSAFE is suitable for coils with a diameter of 70 to 160 cm, hence for coils steel or aluminium sheets, or for that matter any other circular objects. The cradle can adjust to acommodate any diameter of cil, thus providing maximum support of the unit.
- COILSAFE can be used for coils of up to 150cm width.
- Coils can be stowed and secured onto COILSAFE beforehand, after which the entire unit van be stuffed and secured into the container.
- Coils can be secured on COILSAFE by means of tension of steel lashing straps.
- COILSAFE can be re-used.
- COILSAFE van be stacked in view of (e.g. return) transport to another location, obviously in containers.
- COILSAFE is simple to use.
COILSAFE is patented under n°09800778
©Continental Surveys. All rights reserverd.